Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Setting class path

TimPeters

I have just downloaded and installed ireports. I have Microsoft SQL 2000 and SQL 2005 databases. I've downlaoded the SQL 2005 JBDC driver and copied the .jar file into the Lib directory of the Ireports folder. When I tried to make a new connection the class not found error comes up when i test. How do I fix this?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you remember to copy tools.jar into your lib directory too. It's not distributed with iReports but is required if you want to start iReports because it contains all the basic java classes (like java.lang.String for example).

tools.jar is distributed in the java SDK from Sun.

I did put a copy of the tools.jar in my Lib directory but still no luck. I believe that the problem stems from the sql driver. Apparently Ireport doesn't recognize the new sql 2005 .jar file named sqljdbc.jar. Once i put in the 2000 driver .jar files it recognized correctly. THis however brought me to another problem, we use both SQL 7 and SQL 2005. and the SQL 2000 or 2005 .jar files are not compatible with SQL 7. Luckily i found the jTDS driver on this site and i was able to connect to the server through that.

Tim