JI 1.1.0 Direct Report URLs?

jasonw754

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jasonw754 wrote:

I have successfully migrated to JasperIntelligence 1.1.0, but I cannot find any documentation for the new feature of direct URLs to execute reports without having to navigate through the repository. Any help would be appreciated.

I also would like to know how call a report using URL.

Thank you for your response

There seems to be a documentation gap here.

Direct report executions URLs are of the form

Code:

<JS_context>/flow.html?_flowId=viewReportFlow&reportUnit=<report_unit_URI>[&output=pdf|excel|rtf]&<param_1>=<val_1>&<param_2>=<value_2>...

The custom parameters can be used to provide values for the report unit input controls; the match is made based on the name (the parameter name should be the same as the input control name). If valid values are provided for all the mandatory input controls, the input controls page will not be displayed. For dates and datetimes, the values can either use a fixed format (by default "yyyyMMddHHmmss", set via Spring in actionBeans.xml) or the format used for the interactive calendar.

Note that if the HTTP session does not contain authentication data, the user will be presented the login screen.

Regards,

Lucian

• 2 weeks later...

Do you want any security at all in your environment? If not, you could try commenting out the securityFilter in the web.xml.

You could also try changing the filterInvocationInterceptor bean in /WEB-INF/applicationContext-security.xml as follows:

/flow.html=ROLE_ANONYMOUS

Sherman

JasperSoft

Since the last post I have removed the secuirty filter and changed the permissions in the application-context.xml. But still I cannot access the reports directly. here is the error:

org.springframework.webflow.NoMatchingTransitionException: No transition was matched on the event(s) signaled by the [1] action(s) that executed in this action state 'checkForParams' of flow 'viewReportFlow'; transitions must be defined to handle action result outcomes -- possible flow configuration error? Note: the eventIds signaled were: 'array['error']', while the supported set of transitional criteria for this action state is 'array[[eventId = 'yes'], [eventId = 'no']]'

I do appreciate your help,

thanks,

Chuck

The direct report executions URLs with parameters do not work for me.

I have created an parameter called "test_title" and a textfield with the textfield expression "$P{test_title}" in ireport.

I tried to open the report with the following url: http://localhost:8080/ji-pro/flow.html?_flowId=viewReportFlow&reportUnit=/reports/test&test_title=Testestet

The textfield outputs null instead of Testestet.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I'm trying to run a report without parameters (the report doesn't have any) and I get the same error as chernandeznet.

This is the url just in case something's wrong with it:

[code:2]

http://localhost:8080/jasperserver/flow.html?_flowId=viewReportFlow&reportUnit=/Reports/Infinity%20QS/NCR/Graphs/Closed%20NCR%20Aging&output=pdf[/code:2]

And the error from the jasperlog:

Code:

09:30:01,563 WARN HibernateRepositoryServiceImpl,http-8080-Processor25:392 - No folder: /Reports/Infinity QS/NCR/Graphs
09:30:01,563 ERROR JSErrorPage_jsp,http-8080-Processor25:128 -
org.springframework.webflow.NoMatchingTransitionException: No transition was matched on the event(s) signaled by the [1] action(s) that executed in this action state 'checkForParams' of flow 'viewReportFlow'; transitions must be defined to handle action result outcomes -- possible flow configuration error? Note: the eventIds signaled were: 'array<String>['error']', while the supported set of transitional criteria for this action state is 'array<TransitionCriteria>[[eventId = 'yes'], [eventId = 'no']]'
at org.springframework.webflow.ActionState.doEnter(ActionState.java:216)
at org.springframework.webflow.State.enter(State.java:201)
at org.springframework.webflow.Flow.start(Flow.java:531)
at org.springframework.webflow.execution.impl.FlowExecutionControlContextImpl.start(FlowExecutionControlContextImpl.java:187)
at org.springframework.webflow.execution.impl.FlowExecutionImpl.start(FlowExecutionImpl.java:175)
at org.springframework.webflow.executor.FlowExecutorImpl.launch(FlowExecutorImpl.java:155)
at org.springframework.webflow.executor.support.FlowRequestHandler.handleFlowRequest(FlowRequestHandler.java:117)
at org.springframework.webflow.executor.mvc.FlowController.handleRequestInternal(FlowController.java:198)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:153)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:45)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:792)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:726)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:396)
at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:350)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.common.UploadMultipartFilter.doFilter(UploadMultipartFilter.java:83)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:264)
at org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:107)
at org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:72)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
at org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:110)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
at org.acegisecurity.providers.anonymous.AnonymousProcessingFilter.doFilter(AnonymousProcessingFilter.java:125)
at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.user.service.impl.MetadataAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(MetadataAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:134)
at org.acegisecurity.ui.basicauth.BasicProcessingFilter.doFilter(BasicProcessingFilter.java:181)
at org.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:217)
at org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:191)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:148)
at org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:90)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)

I want to point out the first error:

09:30:01,563 WARN HibernateRepositoryServiceImpl,http-8080-Processor25:392 - No folder: /Reports/Infinity QS/NCR/Graphs

The folder does exists but maybe the reference or report url is wrongly built.

Any idea?

Post edited by: javydreamercsw, at: 2006/11/14 12:39

Post edited by: javydreamercsw, at: 2006/11/14 12:41

lucianc wrote:

Report URL parameters are matched against report unit input controls, and not directly against report parameters.

Create an input control for your "test_title" report parameter and try the URL again.

HTH,
Lucian
I can't find an option in ireport to add input controls(and i cant find documentation about input controls with google/the forum search).

Can you please tell me(or give me a link) how I can add an input control with ireport?

Regards,

Koen

Post edited by: dries863, at: 2006/11/14 13:45

I'm not familiar with the iReport JI plugin, nor do I have a local installation to check it, so I'll have to leave this for others to answer.

You could try to use the web GUI to update the report unit and then check whether you'd be able to spot the input control in iReport.

Regards,

Lucian

If you have the plugin installed just rigt click the report in the plugin then Add>input control. Both in the plug in or thru the web interface you'll go thru a wizard. Try it and then ask more specific questions...

P.S. Found some documentation you might like in the JasperIntelligence user's guide 1.0 page 33-34.

Post edited by: javydreamercsw, at: 2006/11/14 14:35

I am using the hyperlink (tab Hyperlink)(iReports) settings of the field properties window to create a link (drill down) to a detailed report.

The link I am using is working well.

I am using hyperlink type: Reference

I the reference text area I have defined the link I am using:

“http://localhost:8081/ji-pro/flow.html?_flowId=viewReportFlow&reportUnit=/reports/johnsson3b&kpi=RR__120â€

The parameter used is named: kpi (RR__120, is the value I am sending to the detailed report)

I have published the report unit johnsson3b to jasperserver with an input control named kpi.

I would like to make the link dynamic! How would the url look to become dynamic and pass the value form the kpi field OR the parameter called kpi?

I do not quite understand what you mean. Are you already using tags like:

Code:
<hyperlinkParameter name="EmployeeID">
<hyperlinkParameterExpression>$F{id}</hyperlinkParameterExpression>
</hyperlinkParameter>

to get parameters on the link?

Sherman

JasperSoft

Hi, see the attached an image showing how I implement the link through iReports.

I can not add $F{id} within the "statement" as far as I understand, since "$F{id}" will be handled as a string.

Cheers

Post edited by: jerics99, at: 2006/11/17 15:01 [file name=snapshot.doc size=94720]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/snapshot.doc[/file]

Post edited by: jerics99, at: 2006/11/17 15:03