Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Printing & in Jasper

arunize

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rsilver@bfm.bm wrote:

Can you list the expression in the field along with the exception it throws please?

Robin

My Field is

"<style isBold="true">"+ "GROSS : " + "</style>" + $F{gross}.replaceAll("t", " ")

I passed value for gross is

"5.5cms in length & 0.5cms in dia"

My Error is

[Fatal Error] :1:102: The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference.

09 Oct 2006 10:32:59,550 WARN JRFillTextElement [AWT-EventQueue-0][]: Invalid styled text.

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference.

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:264)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:292)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRStyledTextParser.parse(JRStyledTextParser.java:133)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillTextElement.getStyledText(JRFillTextElement.java:453)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillTextElement.getText(JRFillTextElement.java:479)

at

java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4212)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3892)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3822)

[Fatal Error] :1:102: The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference.

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2010)

at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:1774)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3803)

at

Post edited by: arunize, at: 2006/10/09 05:10

Sorry, i guess i started a new topic about the same issue without searching the forum.

I did the same thing replaceAll("&", "&"),

but still got the error. the only difference is that i do this replaceAll in my data source...

I'm also confused as to how you were able to show the escape sequence on the forum, since my escape sequence gets converted into an ampersand!