Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Time Series Chart -a little help needed

2005 IR Help

By: Lars Hammer - thegrudge

Time Series Chart -a little help needed

2005-12-05 02:55

Hello

I am struggling to get a TimeSeries Chart running in iReport.

I have an SQL-query which returns a long list of timestamps in milis (long).

Now, the problems is, when i look at the Chart Data Details page in iReport, I'm requested to fill out "Series expression", "Time Period expression" and "Value expression" and I can't figure out what to put in these fields.

I've read the devx.com article on ireport/jasperreport and I have successfully created both pie and bar charts, but the TimeSeries chart is killing me.

The manual says nothing hereof :-(

I've been messing around with Report Series, but I cannot seem to get it quite right.

If anyone could provide some hints on creating TimeSeries charts, that would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance!

/Lars Hammer

By: Alan O'Leary - aloleary

RE: Time Series Chart -a little help needed

2006-04-11 04:33

Here here... cannot find any help on this either... a little frustrated... one example of this would help a lot of people !! (including those of us who have paid for the manual !)

By: MaGaM - maganz

RE: Time Series Chart -a little help needed

2006-04-17 03:34

Hello fellow iReport users. Last week I started using the Time Series Charts in iReport. At first I was baffled at how to get data into these charts. But after playing around for a while I finally got to it.

I'm sorry, I don't have the time to write a detailed description of my actions as to get these charts 'running'. I actually figured it out by looking at the time series chart examples which are in the jasperreports 1.2.0 package, if my memory is correct.

Hope this will be of help to both of you!

Bye,

Mario

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about posting the (a?) working file with the query and a brief explanation?

Perhaps people can modify the expressions, groups, and query to get their solution to work and you can help people.

It's strange that there seem to be many people asking about iReports' time series charts, yet there is minimal documentaton or examples.

CR

Is there any way to find out the source of an error on a time series chart or get the definitions of the properties (such as 'Series Expression' and 'Time period expression')?

I have followed a few on-line examples, but always get a NPE in JRFillTimeSeriesDataSet.customIncrement().

after

Error filling print...

Is there any way I can find out the cause?

My other charts and reports using the same query are working great.

Thanks.

CR

• 3 weeks later...