We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JDT internal compiler error at runtime

By: teepee - tpatzner

JDT internal compiler error at runtime

2006-07-05 18:31

I'm a bit confused about this JDT compiler jar. When I don't have it in my WEB-INF/lib directory, I get the following error:

package net.sf.jasperreports.engine does not exist

When I have the jdt-compiler-3.1.1.jar in my WEB-INF/lib directory, I get the following:

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.ast.TypeReference: field VoidBinding not found at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.ast.TypeReference.baseTypeReference(TypeReference.java:40)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.parser.Parser.getTypeReference(Parser.java:7863)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.parser.Parser.consumeMethodHeaderName(Parser.java:3893)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.parser.Parser.consumeRule(Parser.java:4805)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.parser.Parser.parse(Parser.java:8491)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.parser.Parser.parse(Parser.java:8656)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.parser.Parser.parse(Parser.java:8621)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.parser.Parser.dietParse(Parser.java:7420)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.beginToCompile(Compiler.java:289)

at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:315)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRJdtCompiler.compileUnits(JRJdtCompiler.java:462)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.compileReport(JRAbstractCompiler.java:190)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRDefaultCompiler.compileReport(JRDefaultCompiler.java:105)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReport(JasperCompileManager.java:211)

The error happens on this line of code:

JasperReport jasperReport = JasperCompileManager.compileReport(jasperDesign);

I'm using JR 1.2.4 and jdk 1.4.2

Please help if you can.

Many Thanks,

TP

By: Lucian Chirita - lucianc

RE: JDT internal compiler error at runtime

2006-07-06 06:17

It seems that you have two versions of the JDT classes on your classpath. Can you check your application's classpath for this? What server are you using?

Regards,

Lucian

2006-07-09 21:41

Thank You Lucian,

You are correct. I had the jdt-compiler-3.1.1.jar in my WEB-INF/lib directory AND this in the classpath:

C:/Program Files/IBM/WebSphere Studio/Application Developer/v5.1/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.jdt.source_2.1.1/src

2006-07-10 01:00

A more complete answer:

When I took the extra jdt-compiler jar out of my WEB-INF/lib directory, I still had the "package net.sf.jasperreports.engine does not exist" error. This is because I am using WSAD and it's not good enough just to put your jasper jar into your WEB-INF/lib directory. I had to explicitly set the jasper.reports.compile.class.path system variable to point to my jasper jar.

Then it worked, no worries!

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 years later...
This is missing:

String h = Constants.APPLICATION_WEB_INF_PATH;
System.setProperty("jasper.reports.compile.class.path", h + "lib/jasperreports-0.6.1-processing.jar;" + h + "lib/commons-digester.jar;" + h + "classes;" + h + "lib/reports-web-src-0.1.8.jar;" + h + "lib/reports-common-src-0.1.8.jar;" + h + "lib/struts.jar;"+h+"lib/commons-lang-2.1.jar;");

If you read:

System.getProperty("jasper.reports.compile.class.path");
you will get only jasper jar file, but if inside .jrxml you use other libraries, and you want to make compile on runtime (as me on websphere), you need to add all required libraries on above system property