How can I not print a Sub Report?

By: Todd - mrtodds How can I not print a Sub Report? 2004-05-05 09:39 OK, I got my master page working and I created four groups that print on a new page, and I can print and all five will print. But I need to not print some of the pages based on certain logic. How can I not print a sub-report defined from a group? I tried setting the group expression, but no matter what I set it to it still prints the page or a blank page. How can I completely turn one of them off? By: Todd - mrtodds RE: How can I not print a Sub Report? 2004-05-05 11:19 Using the Sub-Report "Print When Expression" I can control if the sub-report gets called or not. But still the group band is defined and I get a blank page. If I set the group band height to 0, I get a compile warning, but the page doesn't print. YEA. But there doesn't seem to be a way to dynamically pass the group band height. Any Help? By: C-Box - c-box RE: How can I not print a Sub Report? 2004-05-06 03:34 Doesn't work the "PrintWhenExpression" of your GroupHeader/GroupFooter Section(s)??? Just put the same expression you use for hiding your SubReport into your band-objects you want to hide. I also managed not printing ColumnHeader on first page with the PrintWhenExpression of the ColumnHeaderBand-Object. hth C-Box By: Todd - mrtodds RE: How can I not print a Sub Report? 2004-05-06 08:44 c-box, Thank you for your response. I have tried everything. I am using Jasper 5.0, using iReports 0.2.2 as my designer. When I put in "new Boolean("FALSE")" into my PRINTWHENEXPRESSION for supressing the sub-report it doesn't run the sub-report but still a blank page prints. If I set the same expression above in the GROUPEXPRESSION of the group, it seems to have no affect. In fact nothing I set in the GROUPEXPRESSION to seems to have any effect. If I leave it blank or null, it still prints. Am I missing something. Is there an expression I can test for on the group expression that will always supress the page? By: Chuck Deal - cdeal RE: How can I not print a Sub Report? 2004-05-06 10:13 Not the Groups's GROUPEXPRESSION, the Group's PRINTWHENEXPRESSION. By: Todd - mrtodds RE: How can I not print a Sub Report? 2004-05-06 13:31 When I call a subreport from my group I see a PRINTWHENEXPRESSION, but that is only for the subreport. Does the group also have another PRINTWHENEXPRESSION OUTSIDE THE SUBREPORT? Here is a little snap of my code: <group name="PAGE_2" isStartNewColumn="false" isStartNewPage="true" isResetPageNumber="false" isReprintHeaderOnEachPage="false" minHeightToStartNewPage="0" > <groupExpression><![CDATA[new Boolean($F{TEXT_02}.equals("N"))]]></groupExpression> <groupHeader> <band height="0" isSplitAllowed="true" > </band> </groupHeader> <groupFooter> <band height="120" isSplitAllowed="true" > <subreport isUsingCache="true"> <reportElement mode="Opaque" x="0" y="0" width="610" height="120" forecolor="#000000" backcolor="#FFFFFF" positionType="FixRelativeToTop" isPrintRepeatedValues="true" isRemoveLineWhenBlank="true" isPrintInFirstWholeBand="false" isPrintWhenDetailOverflows="false"> <printWhenExpression><![CDATA[new Boolean($F{TEXT_02}.equals("N"))]]></printWhenExpression> </reportElement> <parametersMapExpression><![CDATA[$P{REPORT_PARAMETERS_MAP} ]]></parametersMapExpression> <connectionExpression><![CDATA[$P{REPORT_CONNECTION}]]></connectionExpression> <subreportExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[$P{IMAGE_PATH} + "xml/Form_9_p2_Master.jasper"]]></subreportExpression> </subreport> </band> </groupFooter> </group> By: C-Box - c-box RE: How can I not print a Sub Report? 2004-05-06 22:42 of course the bands also have a "PrintWhenExpression"... your code should be: <group name="PAGE_2" isStartNewColumn="false" isStartNewPage="true" isResetPageNumber="false" isReprintHeaderOnEachPage="false" minHeightToStartNewPage="0" > <groupExpression><![CDATA[new Boolean($F{TEXT_02}.equals("N"))]]></groupExpression> <groupHeader> <band height="0" isSplitAllowed="true" > <printWhenExpression><![CDATA[new Boolean($F{TEXT_02}.equals("N"))]]></printWhenExpression> </band> </groupHeader> <groupFooter> <band height="120" isSplitAllowed="true" > <printWhenExpression><![CDATA[new Boolean($F{TEXT_02}.equals("N"))]]></printWhenExpression> <subreport isUsingCache="true"> <reportElement mode="Opaque" x="0" y="0" width="610" height="120" forecolor="#000000" backcolor="#FFFFFF" positionType="FixRelativeToTop" isPrintRepeatedValues="true" isRemoveLineWhenBlank="true" isPrintInFirstWholeBand="false" isPrintWhenDetailOverflows="false"> <printWhenExpression><![CDATA[new Boolean($F{TEXT_02}.equals("N"))]]></printWhenExpression> </reportElement> <parametersMapExpression><![CDATA[$P{REPORT_PARAMETERS_MAP} ]]></parametersMapExpression> <connectionExpression><![CDATA[$P{REPORT_CONNECTION}]]></connectionExpression> <subreportExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[$P{IMAGE_PATH} + "xml/Form_9_p2_Master.jasper"]]></subreportExpression> </subreport> </band> </groupFooter> </group> If you are using iReport (current version) then you can easily edit the "PrintWhenExpression" of bands over GUI. hth C-Box By: Chuck Deal - cdeal RE: How can I not print a Sub Report? 2004-05-07 05:08 Sorry, you're right, the Band has a PrintWhenExpression, not the group. There is a wealth of information available at the jasperReports website. Sometimes it is helpful to check there when syntax questions come up. For example, here is a quick reference page that could have help you find your answer: http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/quick.reference.html By: Todd - mrtodds RE: How can I not print a Sub Report? 2004-05-10 12:08 OK, COOL. That fixed it. I can't believe I over looked the Band Print When Expression in Ireports for so long. I must've looked at the screen 1000 times trying to solve this problem. Thanks!
2005 IR Help's picture

Answers:

No answers yet
Feedback