parameters

By: Ruben Misrahi - rnmisrahi parameters 2003-06-05 13:28 I'm tryin to use parameters and it fails in its simplest form: I have: <parameter name="pSearch" isForPrompting="false" class="java.lang.String"/> Then I define a variable: <variable name="vSearch" class="java.lang.String" resetType="Report" calculation="Nothing"><variableExpression><![CDATA[($P{pSearch}==null)?"Search":"No Search" ]]></variableExpression><initialValueExpression><![CDATA[new String($P{pSearch}) ]]></initialValueExpression></variable> I put both the parameter and the variable associated to it in a report and in my code I have: parameters.put("pSearch", new String("Search Criteria: bla bla")); JasperFillManager.fillReportToFile(cfMain.Comm.getReports_Directory() + fileName + ".jasper", parameters, new QDataSource(tdsReports)); I always get null both in pSearch and vSearch. Why? By: Ruben Misrahi - rnmisrahi RE: parameters (Ignore) 2003-06-05 13:48 Forget about this issue. I was placing the parameters in the wrong place in my code. Sorry about this. By: Gregory A. Swarthout - gswarthout RE: parameters 2003-06-05 14:30 No obvious problem, but we're missing the part of the report which displays those values. That might shed light on things.
2002 JI Open Discussion's picture

Answers:

No answers yet
Feedback
randomness