We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

jasperintelligence webservice documentation

Does any documentation exist on how to use the webservice/WSDL aspect of jasper intelligence? I am trying to access a report via the webservice and keep getting a series of errors.

I have generated client artifacts to access jasperintelligence from a java servlet using Axis 1.0 wsdltojava ant task. After a lot of figuring I managed to get connected to the webservice based upon a URL of...

Code:
http://tomcat:tomcat@localhost:8080/jasperserver/view-services/JasperServerService?WSDL

the client artifacts that get generated require a bit of tweaking, inserting the "tomcat:tomcat@" into the target URL to make it work. I can connect to the webservice and view folders, files etc. But when I browse a folder I get a list of "/reports" folder that says there is a report called "test" within it. yet when I attempt to access a report via getFile and pass the uri "/reports/test" I get an execption in my generated java code that says...

Code:
[code]exception caught: com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.ws.WebServiceException: Resource "/reports/test" of type class com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.common.service.impl.hibernate.persistent.RepoFileResource not found. getting data of /reports/test

Would anyone have experience with this sort of problem?

Another issue I am noticing is that if I call the webservice "login" method and pass it a usrname such as "jasperadmin"... it will keep the "remote user" variable as being the usr I had to specify on the URL line (see above), which I had to specify to see the WSDL in my code. Has anyone encountered similar issues when dealing with how to see the WSDL, etc?

Thanks,

Rob

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is helpful..

is the JaserServiceServer the AXIS2.0 interface?

i can connect with SOAPpy WSDL.Proxy, but i am getting

socket.gaierror: (-2, 'Name or service not known')

whenever i try to invoke a method. (the methods do list though...

>>> server.methods.keys()

[u'runReport', u'getFiles', u'getRemoteUser', u'getFileAttributes', u'getFolderAttributes', u'getReportParameters', u'getRoles', u'getFolders', u'getReportList', u'getFileList', u'getFile', u'login']