Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Build from SVN sources

ziogiugno

Hi all, I'm trying to build Jasperintel following the instructions from mthe developer guide.I have both jasperserver and jasperserver-repo but when I try "mvn install" or "mvn clean install" the build process fails with the following message:

Code:
[iNFO] Building Jasper Server API Implementations - Metadata
[iNFO] task-segment: [install]
[iNFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[iNFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[iNFO] The plugin 'xdoclet:maven2-xdoclet2-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found
[iNFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: The plugin 'xdoclet:maven2-xdoclet2-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1281)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.bindPluginToLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1216)

I think something is wrong in settings.xml, maybe there should be a local pluginRepository.

Any suggestion?

TIA

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

mvn -U is a good trick.

Keep in mind that your settings.xml needs to be in your "home" directory (which can be confusing under windows) under a dir named .m2. Check to see that you settings.xml has a good format (if you copied it from the source build document, it could have bad characters in it...).

Maven2 will create a "repository" directory inside your .m2 directory. This is a "local repository" (for caching). This is where the plugins should end up. You can blow away your repository directory and let it get created again.