Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Operators in Variable Expressions

ice_raven

Hi

Whan trying to use operators in a variable expression (like < > - + ) I get error messages when trying to compile the report.

The error message:

The operator > is undefined for the argument type(s) Integer, int

My expression:

((new Integer(new String($V{totalTime}.toString().substring($V{totalTime}.toString().indexOf("."), $V{totalTime}.toString().length()))) > 60) ? (new Double((new Integer(new String($V{totalTime}.toString().substring($V{totalTime}.toString().indexOf("."), $V{totalTime}.toString().length()))) - 60) & (new Integer(new String($V{totalTime}.toString().substring(0, $V{totalTime}.toString().indexOf(".")) + 1))))) : $V{totalTime})

Could anyone please help me with this?

Kind Regards

Neil

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a field which shows minutes as a double. (eg 20.07 minutes)

Then I have a variable which sums all these numbers to get a total that displays for each group.

Simply adding these numbers don't work as you can get 20.95 minutes.

All the expression does is get the number after the '.' and if it's above 60, minus 60 from it and ad 1 to the minutes.

But it doesn't want to compile because I'm using '>' and '-'.

Hi Neil,

I understand the problem, but I can't figure out how do you perform the sum. I know that if you sum:

20.10 + 20.87 you get 40.97 (and you'll trnsform it in 41.37)

but what if you have:

20.50 + 20.59? you get 41.09 (and this can not be corrected because 09 is < than 60, but the correct number should be: 41.49, not 41.09)

So I suggest you to implement a custom Infrementer.

Attached there is a sample.

[file name=TIMES.zip size=4862]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/TIMES.zip[/file]

Hi Neil,

I understand the problem, but I can't figure out how do you perform the sum. I know that if you sum:

but what if you have:

20.50 + 20.59? you get 41.09 (and this can not be corrected because 09 is < than 60, but the correct number should be: 41.49, not 41.09)

So I suggest you to implement a custom Infrementer.

Attached there is a sample.

[file name=TIMES-4c6459cf48f15cb5ead57fb9acbc20da.zip size=4862]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/TIMES-4c6459cf48f15cb5ead57fb9acbc20da.zip[/file]

giulio wrote:

Hi Neil,

but what if you have:

I have tested my code in a Java program and it works. If the amount is smaller than 60, then it does nothing.

(I am using a shorthand if).

I would just like to know how I can use operators (Like + - < > ...) in a variable expression in iReports.

Kind Regards

Neil

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...