Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

grouping by label

rezkiyn

Hi,

I started using jasperreports and ireport a couple of weeks ago and I'm most pleased about the user interface and the speed of development.

But can someone tell me on how to close a table in jasperreports. I got a detail that lists orders, orderlines and prices, and I don't want duplicate values to be printed. But when I check this option, the Order textfield is no longer repeated and thus neither the border of this textfield, which I use to construct my table. I already added a second textfield which displays the left border of the table, but am still not able to add a bottom line for this column. (See attached pdf file)

Anyone some ideas ? [file name=classic.pdf size=2226]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/classic.pdf[/file]

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I think you should probably introduce a new group by Order and put the table ending line in that particular group footer.

Also, I think that such layout problems are best solved with subreports. You could have the oder lines in a separate template and instruct the left hand side text field that displays the order number to strech and adapt its height to the number of order lines (subreport on the right).

There will be several other layout issues that you might encouter, but all they have solutions. Is just that you need to try different things and when you'll feel confortable enough with what the JasperReports engine can do, all these solutions would seem to be always at hand.

I hope this helps.

Teodor

P.S. For instance, frames might also help in such cases.

Post edited by: teodord, at: 2006/07/28 11:35