Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Deployment of Mondrian

jerics99

Hi,

This is a question to Sherman. I viewed the JasperSoft-MYSQL webex presentation, and Sherman was presented as involved in the development of not only Mondrian but also contributing to the JBOSS Portal Project, and I have a question in relation to that!

How do you deploy Mondrian based solutions (or Mondrian itself) to JBOSS Portal? Is it possible to get the Portal to pass the Role ID to the query?

/E

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did some work to integrate JPivot/Mondrian into JBoss Portal. If you check out the JPivot CVS HEAD, it is there in a sub directory. The integration was pretty light, because I did not address at the time connection management, roles etc. I had some back and forth with someone who was porting this to the Liferay portal server, too - they got that working.

You should be able to take the basic portlet implementation I did and extend it to add in roles from the portal server.

On the JasperIntelligence end, we do not have native portlets yet. We have had customers who use a portal server in front of a JI server, and have JI appearing in a portlet window via URL.

Sherman

JasperSoft