We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Returning Values from a sub Query

markbeardhome

I currently have a report with a Table Element and showing various sales data. Nested inside this I have another Table element showing incoming Purchase orders.

I have 2 data sets , one controlling my Main Table and another controlling the incoming Purchase orders, These are linked by parameters and all is working fine.

I am returning the sum of the weight of the Po’s back to the main Table.

When I try to sum the returned value to the main table to show as a grand total all I get is nulls.

I am using Jasper server 6 with studio 6.31

Has anyone got any samples of this working?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

>When I try to sum the returned value to the main table to show as a grand total all I get is nulls.

Is the returned value the sum? It usually works best to make sure the calculation is complete in the subtable /report.

What are you retuning it to? I assume a variable of some kind. Is it the same type as what you are returning?

Have you tried setting the calculation to system?

I Found the issue 

I have called my return value  "RetVal1" and collecting data of a variable "Weight"

I set the return val From Val "RetVal1" and to Variable "RetVal1" Calculation SUM variable Retval1 defined in Main report and parent sub data set from tthe main Table

what I needed to do in both recieving Variables is put in the  Variable Expression $V{RetVal1} (name of the sending Variable and then got the sumation correct.

I was executing a sum of product in a table that was inside a table.

I placed the vatiable in the summary band and also in the product group band inside my table and set evaluation time to Band.

Var in Group band contained a running total

Var in Summary band returned the grand total