Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Java Versioning: iReport vs Jaspersoft Studio 6.21

Mictog
Go to solution Solved by hozawa,

I have a bit of a conundrum.  I write reports for a product which we are in the process of upgrading.  With the upgrade the software utilizes TOMCAT 8 and I belive Java 8 (I am working to confirm this).  This is important because when I try to edit a report for this new version in iReport 5.6.0 I receveve the following error concerning specific elements written by the vendor to suppor Jasper reporting. 

Error filling print... java.lan.UnsupportedClassVersionError: OHMJRScriptlets/OHMJRptUtilSxcriptlets : Unsupported major.monir version 50.0 null
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: OHMJRScriptlets/OHMJRptUtilScriptlets : Unsupporte Major.minor version 52.0

It is my understanding that Java version 52.0 is Java 7.

When I try to load the same report in Jaspersoft Studio 6.2.1 I get a different error:

Reason: Errors were encounted when compiling report gexpressions class file: org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:

General error during class generation: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Unable to load class OHMJRScriptlets.OHMRptUtilScriptilets due to missing dependency net/sf.jasperreports/engine/JrScriptlet Exception.

I have multiple versions of java (32 bit)  on my local machine (64-bit Win 7) running:

• 1.7 (1.7.0_55)
  • 1.8 (1.8.0_40)
  • 1.8 (1.8.0_131)

Prior to the upgrade, and if i point to the Tomcat 7 installation the reports all worked fine.  Pointing to Tomcat 7 is not an option.  I will be working with the vendor on this, but I thought I would come to the community to see what I may be missing and if someone may have already corrected this issue.

Thank you.

MT

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic