Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Installing JasperServer on CentOs 7

ing.pedrorr

Hello,

I'm trying to install jasper server on CentOs 7, i'm facing the following error upon installation:

BUILD FAILED

BUILD FAILED
/opt/jasperreports-server-cp-6.3.0-bin/buildomatic/bin/validation.xml:495: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/jasperreports-server-cp-6.3.0-bin/buildomatic/bin/validation.xml:376: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/jasperreports-server-cp-6.3.0-bin/buildomatic/conf_source/db/mysql/db.xml:58: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/jasperreports-server-cp-6.3.0-bin/buildomatic/bin/validation.xml:434: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/jasperreports-server-cp-6.3.0-bin/buildomatic/bin/validation.xml:470: Database doesn't exist. Treating problem with JDBC connection as unrecoverable

Somebody has faced this error?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> Database doesn't exist. Treating problem with JDBC connection as unrecoverable

You didn't setup the database correctly. In your default_master.properties, did you specify dbHost, dbUsername, and dbPassword?

Did you check if the user specified has admin privilege on the database so it can create tables?

Trying with the following command:

# js-ant create-js-db

bash: js-ant: command not found

# sudo ./js-install-ce.sh

SAME ISSUE:
BUILD FAILED
/opt/jasperreports-server-cp-5.6.0-bin/buildomatic/bin/validation.xml:494: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/jasperreports-server-cp-5.6.0-bin/buildomatic/bin/validation.xml:375: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/jasperreports-server-cp-5.6.0-bin/buildomatic/conf_source/db/mysql/db.xml:65: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/jasperreports-server-cp-5.6.0-bin/buildomatic/bin/validation.xml:433: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/jasperreports-server-cp-5.6.0-bin/buildomatic/bin/validation.xml:469: Database doesn't exist. Treating problem with JDBC connection as unrecoverable

I have installed the database manually even doing that, i got same issue:

BUILD FAILED
/opt/jasperreports-server-cp-5.6.0-bin/buildomatic/bin/validation.xml:469: Database doesn't exist. Treating problem with JDBC connection as unrecoverable

>I'm going to try installing database manually, because running the script doesn't do anything.

JasperReports Server war installer do not install any database. If you haven't installed a database, what were you doing? You're suppose to setup a database and create a jasperreports server scheme and a database admin user for that schema before you execute js-install-ce.sh script.

Make sure that you can login to mysql with that user and to that scheme. If you do not know how to setup a mysql properly, recommend that you post your questions to the mysql forum and not here.