Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Using HTML markup on textField messes up number formatting

peter.diazdeleon

<textField pattern="#0.000;(#0.000-)">

<reportElement x="430" y="2" width="30" height="20" uuid="4eba3e3c-c0d5-4da0-a71a-b805092110a9">

<property name="com.jaspersoft.studio.unit.height" value="pixel"/>

<property name="com.jaspersoft.studio.unit.width" value="pixel"/>

</reportElement>

<textElement textAlignment="Right" markup="html">

<font size="8"/>

</textElement>

<textFieldExpression><![CDATA[$F{previous4} < 120.0 ?  "<font color=red>" + $F{previous4} + "</font>" : "<font color=black>" + $F{previous4} + "</font>"]]></textFieldExpression>

</textField>

I need to change a color of a field (java double) based upon is value to RED.  That is working fine.

What does not work is the formating of the number.

When using HTML markup 37.50 becomes 37.5

When using HTML markup 37.00 becomes 37.0

Howeverm, when using HTML markup 37.55 becomes 37.55

Any ideas?

Thank you

Peter

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Below is an example of using net.sf.jasperreports.style.forecolor property expression:

<propertyExpression name="net.sf.jasperreports.style.forecolor"><![CDATA[$F{previous4} < 120 ? "red" : "black"]]></propertyExpression>[/code]

Thank you for the example. Now the next quetion.  I am pretty new to Jasper.  Using Jasper 6.3.1 on OSX in case it matters.

I cut and pasted the above code into the "Expression Field of the "Text Field" component.

I changed the Markup from HTML to Styled.  All I get are errors when when previewing the report.

What am I missing?

Thank you

Peter

There is no more need of the 'Markup' attribute. Your texfield should look like below, in the JRXML file:

<textField pattern="#0.000;(#0.000-)">  <reportElement x="430" y="2" width="30" height="20" uuid="4eba3e3c-c0d5-4da0-a71a-b805092110a9">    <property name="com.jaspersoft.studio.unit.height" value="pixel"/>    <property name="com.jaspersoft.studio.unit.width" value="pixel"/>    <propertyExpression name="net.sf.jasperreports.style.forecolor"><![CDATA[$F{previous4} < 120 ? "red" : "black"]]></propertyExpression>  </reportElement>  <textElement textAlignment="Right">    <font size="8"/>  </textElement>  <textFieldExpression><![CDATA[$F{previous4}]]></textFieldExpression></textField>[/code]

Okay I am not understanding and I am not being clear all at the same time.

Am I editing the JRXML file directly and updating it with the above code or am I doing this through the Jaspersoft 6.3.1 Community Edition?

If I am editing the file directly how is it that I don't lose my changes?

Thank you

Peter