Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Slow report and High Processed Records Count

watsocd

I was having a problem with slow report generation. I am using Jasper Studio 6.3.1.

My main working report generates one page per main query record. Each page has fields, tables, and charts. The report is working ok with the exception of speed and the Processed Records Count being VERY HIGH.

With Google, I found suggestions not to put tables and charts into the detail bands but what if this is needed? 

I created a simple test report to demonstrate the issue of high Processed Records Counts. All queries, including table data sources, are simple and just return one record in this test.

Test 1: Run the report with no tables. Processed Records Count = 1 as expected.

Test 2: Run the report with one one record table. Processed Records Count = 3?? I think this should be two. One for the main data record and one for the table query.

Test 3: Run the report with two identical tables with the same query/data source. Processed Records Count = 6??

Test 4: Run the report with three identical tables with the same query. Processed Records Count = 10?? The records count appears to be increasing rapidly. If I did this test one more time, the count would be 15 records.

Any ideas?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But what if I need to put tables and charts into the detail band? My main top level report has multiple pages for each record in the main report query.

Device id 1 - 6 pages of multiple charts, sub-reports, and tables in multiple detail bands

Device id 2 - 6 pages of charts, sub-reports, and tables ...

... for a hundred or more devices with total page counts of over 600 pages. Once the first device pages are done, there is no need to go back and process the data again for its components before doing device 2/record two.

As I said, my report is working great and looks great. However, it is slow and has a Processed Records Count of well over 100,000,000 when this number should be in the range of maybe 100,000. When I say slow, I mean five minutes in Jasper Studio to generate the report.

Is there a better way of structuring my report to reduce the records count?