Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Heap overflow in Jasperreports Server (Apache Tomcat)

przemekwi444

Hello,

I have Jasperreports server on Tomcat (REST v2 web service) and when I generate report for approx. 500 records, server get stuck. Reason of this is  heap overflow  (I attach plot obtained by Visual VM). 
download_16.png.a2c8acc14e26e415822a4b5e2cd01cc0.png

After using  Eclipse Memory Analyzer,  I have two problems  suspect:

1.  One instance of "org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager" loaded by "java.net.URLClassLoader @ 0xb720c558" occupies 953 430 520 (74,78%) bytes. The memory is accumulated in one instance of "java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap$Node[]" loaded by "<system class loader>".

2. 1143 instances of "net.sf.jasperreports.renderers.SimpleDataRenderer", loaded by "org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader @ 0xb79a3710" occupy 135 271 064 (10,61%) bytes. These instances are referenced from one instance of "java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap$Node[]", loaded by "<system class loader>"

Where the first one is much more serious (it occupy 7 times more heap).

Do you have any ideas how to solve it?

download_16.png.ef2e910c3f85c1c50a8179ad248ebcf0.png

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JasperReports Server requires at least 4GB of memory and the recommendation is 8GB+.

For your graph, it looks like you only have 2GB. Recommend that you increase your heap size.

Take a look at JasperReports Server installation guide - System Requirements.

http://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jasperreports-server-installation-guide/v630/system-requirements

• 2 weeks later...