We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Cannot run more than 8 reports concurrently

jeremy.suiter

Hi,

I can't seem to run more than 8 reports concurrently whether they are using the scheduler or dierctly in the browser.  I've been through all the settings and searched the Wiki/Forums and changed settings where necessary and still cannot run more than 8.

Can someone point me in the right direction as to where it might be going wrong.  Details of settings I have changed below.

Database Jasper Server points to is MySQL set to accept 200 connection maximum.

Jasper Server 6.2.1 (community edition)

JNDI data source set to 100 connections in Context.xml

100 thread count set in js.quartz.properties (org.quartz.threadPool.threadCount=100 )

100 thread count set in js.quartz.base.properties (org.quartz.threadPool.threadCount=100)

dataSourceObjectPoolFactory set to 100 in ApplicationContext.xml

Many Thanks

Jeremy

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone interested I finally found a solution to my problem.  The Tomcat version running Jasper Server is 8 and JNDI data source variables changed from version 7 to 8 except I couldn't find that anywhere in the docs.  It wasn't clear in the Tomcat docs either but after many Google attempts I found a post about it.

So the variable MaxActive changed to MaxTotal and I didn't know.   The default number of threads for the MaxTotal variable was 8, the problem I had.  Changed the JNDI data source definition in context.xml from MaxActive=100 to MaxTotal=100 and problem solved!

Jeremy

• 2 years later...