We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Strange problem with table data display

xinhua.xu

I am exhausted with my report format puzzle! Need help from experts.

Report Design: I have a report showing multiple lines of data in a tabular format. The design uses multiple frames to build the tabular look. Data presented in the frame are jasper table objects (single column).

Problem Observation:The report has been tested and validated based on typical datasets. However, we found there there is problem with certain datasets in production. For some datasets only, the first cell of the first row on the second page does not display data. The rest of cells of the same row display data correctly.

Trouble Shooting: With carefully data checking, there is nothing wrong with data retrieval. I can place the field text to the cell and the data display correctly. For the exact same dataset, if I modify the query by sorting differently, the problem cell appears correctly as it is not located in the same spot any more. Other row at the problem spot (first row of the second page) displays correctly. It seems something to do with format. However, it does not repeat the problem with other row or dataset. I have been coloring table objects, frame objects, different object backgrounds to identify the problem, but could not find the cause.

I include a screenshot image at the bottom for your reference. 

If you have any clue or suggestion on what to check, please let me know.

Thank you very much in advance!

Frank

Untitled(13).jpg.9fef2c73dc03cacd3fd44c3c8d02239a.jpg

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images