We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Merge cells in middle column of table - Jaspersoft Studio

andrew.ladow

Does anyone know how to merge cells in the middle column of a table in Jaspersoft Studio? I've tried to do this using different settings on a table created manually using text fields (displayed below), however, I need the value 'Static Text' under the column 'Constant Value' to be stretched down through each row. I also need the value 'Static Text' to be centered in the table (not just in the top row).

I've tried to accomplish this by using a table element, a crosstab, a subreport, a frame, a group, and nothing has worked. I've searched pretty extensively in this forum, stack overflow, and other places; it looks like a few people have had a similar questions but I couldn't find any answers to resolve my particular issue. Can anyone help, please (I'm really desperate here)?!?!?

9-27-201612-52-13PM.png.14cd43aabe26018458ce70353e65e9a6.png

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If anyone encounters this same problem, I've been able to solve this on my own via sub-reports. This approach didn't work for me on my first attempt because I wasn't thinking logically (a common occurance).

Put simply, the sub-report needs to be the report that is going to generate multiple rows and the main report should only contain the cells you want merged across those multiple rows. Push the sub-report to the back, strectch the content of the cell you want merged to fit the band, and there you have it.

Probably not the most efficient method to use, however, this worked for me.