Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Printing Issues

gregory.west

I have a report, 8.5x11  1/4" margins.  When I preview the report in Jasper Studio the report is centered on the page and looks good.   When I print it to any printer I have about a 2 1/2" margin on the right side of the page.   This is happening only in Jasper Studio, and it happens on any of my printers including my PDF creator.   Why is this happening, and how do I get it to stop?

Greg

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a bump,   this is a serious issue, it is effecting all my printout.   On the right hand side of the LETTER sized paper I have about an inch of extra blank space.  This is happening on all the printers I have access to, on three different computer, thus I am left thinking it is something not quite right in Jasper Studio.  I think Jasper is native to A4 size paper, is there something I have to switch to make it native to Letter?

Gregory A. West

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

When I print from GNU/Linux, Debian 9.4 I get a fuzzy page offset to the left and top, and about 80% of full size.

Solution for me was to Export to PDF (the little diskette symbol to the lower top toolbar, and the pull down arrow to the right of it).  Then when I print the PDF it looks good.

(This is good because I just spent a week learning JS Studio and designing a complex report with a whole bunch of sub-reports, and THEN when I finally got it done, it wouldn't print!!!  I just about freaked out..  Till I figured out the export trick. :-)

-- Cheers