Jaspersoft Cassandra Connector
The Jaspersoft Cassandra Connector works with Jaspersoft Studio and JasperReports Server. This page supports v1.0 of the connector, for documentation of v0.5.1 go here.
Users who want to integrate Jaspersoft's JasperReports Server with Cassandra. This document assumes that the user already has familiarity with Cassandra and already has data in a Cassandra database.
JasperReports Server 5.5 and below does not ship with built-in connectors to Cassandra and therefore is considered a community release without technical support. The connector is released under the AGPL license.
What's new in version 1.0?
- CQL3 support
- Authantication support
- Jaspersoft Studio support
Using the Cassandra connector
Obtain and unzip Cassandra Connector for Jaspersoft
Download the latest v1.0 from the project /project/cassandra-connector/releases. The following files are included:
| — applicationContext-CassandraDataSource.xml
Configure JasperReports Server
- Unzip and merge the content into your Jaspersoft Server and restart. (Minimal version 5.1)
- Log in to your server
- Create a new "Cassandra Data Source"
- Download the latest Jaspersoft Studio here (Minimum version required 5.5.1)
- File → New →Jasper Report
- Choose any template and click "Launch Report Wizard".
- Set the report name and location.
- On the New Report Wizard, select the specific Data Adapter or create a new one for "Cassandra Data Source".
- Use the following connection string format: jdbc:cassandra://188.8.131.52:9160/test?version=3.0.0
- Input your query and proceed as any report.
- Deploy your report to the server like any other report and set the data source as the new JasperReports Server data source you created
Run the report
Search for the report or browse to the report in the JasperReports Server repository.