Acknowledged
Project: Severity:
Minor
Resolution:
Open
Component: Reproducibility:
Always
Assigned to:

If left padding is assigned to a field in iReport it's considered in PDF export but not in an excel cell.

AttachmentSize
-excel_left_padding.png10.93 KB
reisem's picture

4 Comments:

Hi,

I'm not an expert in Excel, but how can you specify cell padding using Microsoft Excel?
I'm particularly interested in top, bottom and right padding of a cell.

Note that left indentation of text, specified in number of blank characters is not actually a true cell padding concept.

In JasperReports, the padding is specified in number of pixels and not number of characters, so it would not be possible for us to translate left padding into left indentation of text.

In short, we do not set cell padding simply because the concept of cell padding does not exists in Excel files. Just like the concept of line spacing does not exists as well.

Thank you,
Teodor

I don't know the feature of padding in excel, too. But I thought it's possible to assign the left padding to the left indentation of text. I didn't found any answer in the forum, tutorial, internet, etc. to this topic so I opened a bug.
Too bad, that's not possible.

Hi,

We could try use the left indentation feature of Excel to simulate the left padding (only left padding, as there is no indentation concept for the other 3 sides of the cell).

However, the indentation property is expressed in number of blank text characters. It would be hart to know how many blank characters we should use of a given pixel padding, since we don't know how big a character is in the given font size.

Too messy!

Thanks,
Teodor

Only left padding would be great!

Thanks for your efforts.

Feedback