Project: Severity:
Minor
Resolution:
Reopened
Component: Reproducibility:
Always
Assigned to:

If I make an Report with 2 Groups.
The 1. Group has the Property Reprint Header checked.
The 2. Group has the Property Keep together checked.

Now when the Report have to keep together the 2. Group an starts a new Page the Header of the 1. Group will no be reprinted.
But I want to habe the Header Reprinted on every page.

AttachmentSize
Source of the Report16.6 KB
Example of the Report.162.72 KB
v4.6.0
stefbrt's picture

6 Comments:

We are seeing an issue that looks a lot like this on 6.1.0 where we have 2 group headers: The outer group has both Repeat Header On Each Page and Start New Page enabled. The inner group has the Keep Together enabled.

When filling the report the outer group header isn't printed on any new pages besides the first page. If we turn the Keep Together attribute off it will print the group header correctly on every new page.

This also only appears to happen if the report actually needs to keep the group together. If it luckily works out that the data lines up where it wouldn't need to use the Keep Together attribute it prints the first group header on each new page correctly.

Here is a pretty simple (and ugly) example of what we are seeing using the repeat header and keep together settings.

AttachmentSize
grouperror.zip37.85 KB
keeptogetheron.pdf19.73 KB
keeptogetheroff.pdf19.79 KB
  • Resolution:Open» Fixed
  • Assigned:» teodord

Hi,

This is now fixed on our master Git branch and will be part of the next release.

Thanks,
Teodor

• Resolution:Fixed» Reopened

Hi Teodor,

Thanks for your work and taking a look at this.

We upgraded to JasperReports Library 6.4.1 and still appear to be encountering this missing second group header result. I tried it in the latest version of Jaspersoft Studio (6.4.0) just to make sure I did our upgrade correctly and it's giving me the same result.

Is there anything that needs to be done to the template itself to get this to generate correctly?

Thanks,
Steve

Hi,

The 6.4.1 release was already prepared back in May when I posted my comment. So the next release I was referring to at the time was the upcoming 6.4.2.
You can build it from source from our Git repository or download a snapshot from here:
https://jaspersoft.jfrog.io/jaspersoft/list/jr-ce-snapshots/net/sf/jaspe...

I hope this helps.
Teodor

Feedback
randomness