Join Jaspersoft technology experts as they walk you through best practice advice, hands on demo's of Jaspersoft technology in action and interactive Q & A's around your questions and challenges. Participate in one or in all, whichever topics are of most interest to you. This ongoing series is built with the Jaspersoft user in mind, tailored to your needs and requirements.
An Analysis of Analysis: a Domain vs OLAP Shootout
March 19, 2013
JasperReports Server, iReport
Sherman Wood, Sr. Director, Technical Services, N. America, Jaspersoft
So you've purchased Jaspersoft and you want to allow your end users to create analytical views through one of our metadata layers: Domains or OLAP. Which one is right for you? Get the complete picture on our 2 technologies.
Find out which one is right for you by looking at these dimensions:
- Volume - Size of data
- Complexity of queries + calculations
- Row level security requirements
- Velocity - How quickly do users expect data to be returned?
- Velocity - How quickly does the data change underneath?
- Variety - Where does the data come from?
See more Jaspersoft Tech Talks Here.